As Swimming Canada works towards its mission of being amongst the world leading swimming nations by 2020, one strategic aim is to enhance the development of a sustainable stream of world leading High Performance Coaches. To that end, Swimming Canada has developed the Select Coaches Group that will be an annual professional development program for developing High Performance Coaches in Canada.
Based on an application and review process, Swimming Canada will identify a select group of developing High Performance coaches and offer the following support for the 2016-2017 season:
– Financial support (up to $2000) for coaches to visit a Mentor Coach program for one (1) week between September 1st and December 1st
– Attendance at the FINA Gold Medal Clinic, December 4-5, 2016, Windsor, ON
– Attendance at the first two days (December 6-7, 2016) of the FINA World Swimming Championships (25m),
REQUIREMENTS OF SELECTED COACHES:
All coaches selected for this program are required to do all of the following:
– Research, plan and organize an appropriate mentorship opportunity. The mentorship opportunity must be approved by Swimming Canada and occur between September 1st and December 1st, 2016.
– Deliver a 20-30 minute presentation about the mentorship opportunity to the group of select coaches during the FINA World Swimming Championships.
– Attend the FINA Gold Medal Clinic and the first two days the FINA World Swimming Championships
– Fully participate in any discussion groups developed for the select coaches by Swimming Canada.
CANDIDATE PROFILE GUIDELINES:
The following are meant to provide guidelines as to the level of coach ideally suited for this program:
– Level 3 – Senior Coach NCCP certification is desirable, however coaches who have achieved the “In-Training” status for Level 3-Senior Coach will be considered
– Demonstrated the ability to coach athletes onto the Canadian National Team, Junior National Team,
and/or Development/Youth Team Tour or Training Camp.
– Participated as a staff coach on International Teams (Senior, Junior or Youth).
– Currently has a swimmer(s) who is (are) performing at the “On Track Time” level for their age.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, covering letter outlining their interest in the program and their annual training plan for the 2015-16 season to Iain McDonald, Senior Manager, High Performance Coaches and Centres, by June 21st, 2016.
CLOSING DATE: June 21st, 2016
Coaches who were selected to the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 Select Coaches Group are encouraged to apply for the 2016-2017 Select Coaches Group.