National Officials Travel Program
(Effective Date: September 3, 2015)
- The Swimming Competition must be sanctioned by the Provincial Section within whose jurisdiction the competition is held.
- The reimbursement of travel claims related to swimming competitions in Canada is restricted to level 4 and 5 officials and open water swimming level 3 officials certified in Canada.
- Officials who wish to participate in the National Officials Travel Program must submit proof of certification signed by the chairperson of the provincial officials association with their first application.
- Officials must be registered with their Provincial Section to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Officials should submit an expense claim form to their Provincial Section office within ten business days of the completion of the competition and/or in accordance with Provincial Section guidelines.
- Reimbursement for Officials travel claims will be limited to accommodation (original receipts required) and economy airfare or kilometers driven at a prescribed rate of $0.45 per kilometer and payable at year-end. Officials must have driven a minimum of 50 kilometers (cumulative) to be eligible for reimbursement. The maximum claim for kilometers driven shall be the equivalent of the economy airfare to the specific destination. (Please Note: Officials who book flights in business class will need to provide a proof of the cost to fly economy on the date of the booking, in order to be eligible for reimbursement.)
- Attendance Requirements:
- For 1 or 2-session meets, an official must work each session.
- For 3 or 4-session meets, an official may miss 1 session only.
- For 5 or more session meets, an official may miss a maximum of 2 session.
Please Note: If in an emergency or due to illness, an official is unable to complete the minimum required sessions outlined in this policy, a letter explaining the unexpected extraordinary circumstances that arose while at the meet must be written by the official when applying for an expense claim receipt from the provincial section.
- Only expense claims which are not subject to reimbursement by another party are eligible to be submitted.
- Officials may make a yearly donation made payable to ‘Swimming Canada’. A tax receipt will be issued at year-end.
- The National Officials Travel Program shall be reviewed annually.