Swimming Canada and the Coaching Association of Canada recognize the value of having trained and certified NCCP coaches that are engaged in Professional Development (PD) programs which reinforce the values of lifelong learning and sharing amongst the coaching community.
In order for NCCP coaches to maintain their trained and certified status, they are required to obtain PD points. The number of points depends on the coaching context in which they coach and Swimming Canada provides its coaches with a period of 5 years to collect their PD points.
Use the links below for more information about professional development and maintenance of certification.
Swimming canada eLearning Modules
Available on Swimming Canada’s Learning Management System.
- Introduction to Para-swimming ($15) – 1 PD point (FREE November 27th, 2022 (midnight Atlantic) – December 4th, 2022 (midnight Pacific) for the International Day for Persons with Disabilities)
- Coaching Masters Swimmers ($75) – 1 PD point
- Introduction to Open Water Swimming ($15) – 1 PD point
- Eating for Health (FREE) – 1 PD point
- Physical Development and Preparation of Female Swimmers (FREE until January 2023) – 1 PD point
Coaching Association of Canada eLearning Modules
Visit https://thelocker.coach.ca to access these eLearning modules.