IHG is the Official Hotel provider of Swimming Canada
Swimming Canada has negotiated a National Partnership with IHG® – InterContinental Hotels Group for another year. IHG® has a portfolio of 12 brands with over 5,000 hotels globally including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites
The Goal of the Partnership is to capitalize on the vast number of hotel rooms booked on an annual basis by the Swimming Community:
- To use that volume of room nights to obtain best available rates for our membership at appropriate hotels across Canada.
- To provide Swimming Canada, Provincial Sections and our member clubs with an alternate revenue stream & opportunity to reduce expenses.
The benefits for participating Provincial Sections/Clubs are as follows:
A Provincial Section or Club hosting an event with out of town participants can arrange for a block booking through our IHG representative. This process will be available shortly on the Swimming Canada website. IHG will in turn set rooms aside for the event and provide a block-booking contract which will include:
- a better than the best available rate
- 10% commission paid on booked rooms (1% to Swimming Canada and 9% to the Province/Club.)
- IHG Rewards Club and/or IHG Business Rewards points
Clubs or Provincial Sections booking 10 rooms or more for training camps, meets etc. can contact our National IHG rep to negotiate best available rates and IHG Business Rewards points (for meets that are not already under a block booking). This process will be available shortly on the Swimming Canada website.
Friends of Swimming Canada reservation website for any bookings of less than 10 rooms per night. This could be single room bookings, family vacations and used by ANYONE. These better than best available rates will be for any IHG property in the world; with the best rates coming in Canada and a few select US cities.
Brendan St. Jacques