Association Profile

Swimming Canada represents over 50,000 competitive swimmers registered in more than 350 clubs across the country. In addition, another 75,000 people participate in other competitive designed activities and programs.

Canadian swimmers have proven the worth of Swimming Canada in international competition, winning more medals in Olympic, Commonwealth and Pan American competitions than any other Canadian sport.

The organization follows a mandate of delivering programs and services that further develop world-class swimmers. This focus holds great importance in representing Canada, as a member of the Aquatic Federation of Canada, in the Fédération internationale de natation amateur (FINA) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

As an organization of 10 provincial sections, Swimming Canada ensures each province conducts competitions and recreational programming to meet their swimmers’ needs.

Programs and activities Swimming Canada is involved in range across a broad spectrum, including coaching, officiating, swimming education, sport science, event co-ordination, promotion and communications. These activities receive support from management, technical services and communications departments that ensure Swimming Canada’s growth and the efficient use of its resources.

As a volunteer, non-profit organization, Swimming Canada receives tremendous support from government and sponsor agencies. About 40 per cent of its annual $3 million budget comes from federal funding, while the remaining 60 per cent is provided through a combination of sponsorships, fund-raising events and membership fees