- Won three medals and set a Canadian record at the 2015 Toronto Parapan Am Games. He won silver in the 100-m backstroke, won bronze and set record in the 50-m butterfly, and was also a member of 4×50-m 20 pt. free relay that won bronze.
- Purdy finished 6th in the 100-m backstroke at the 2015 IPC Swimming World Championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
- At the 2015 Speedo Can Am Para-swimming Championships in Toronto Purdy won the 50-metre butterfly and 100-m backstroke.
- The three-time Paralympian returned to the Para- swimming national scene in 2014 after a seven-year absence because he wanted his two children to see him compete on Canadian soil.
- Purdy earned a spot on the Canadian team for the 2014 Pan Pacific Para-swimming Championships in Pasadena, Calif.
- It was a solid comeback performance, which included a silver in the 100-m backstroke and setting Canadian records in the 50-m butterfly and 4×50-m medley relay.
- From 1994 to 2006, Purdy was a Team Canada regular competing at all the major events.
- This included the IPC World Championships in 1994, 1998, 2002 and 2006 and the Paralympic Games in 1996, 2000 and 2004.
- At the 1996 Games, he competed in five events and his best result was a fourth place finish in the 100-m backstroke.
- His most memorable moments came four years later in Sydney where he won gold in the 100-m backstroke in world record time and 4×100-m medley relay.
- In Athens in 2004 he was fourth in the 100-m backstroke.
- Purdy has a disorder called arthrogryposis, an impairment that impacts both joint and muscle development and affects all 4 of his limbs.
- Favourite Movie: Toxic Avenger
- Favourite Book: Thus, Spoke Zarathustra
- Favourite TV Show: Futurama
- Favourite Actor/Actress: Warwick Davis
- Favourite Website: Netflix
- Favourite Band: The Rolling Stones
- Music behind the blocks: NOFX, Metallica
- Favourite Restaurant: Pollo Tropicale
- Pre-race meal: chicken and ribs
- Other sports: surfing, skateboard
- Favourite Superhero: Incredible Hulk
- Favourite Place to visit: Prince Edward Island
- Guilty pleasure: beer
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.