- At the 13th FINA World Swimming Championships (25-m) in Windsor, Ont. Van Moerkerke swam in the 4×50-m freestyle relay (10th) and then 4×100-m freestyle (7th).
- At the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Van Moerkerke swam the anchor leg of the 4×100-m freestyle relay that finished 7th.
- At the 2016 Canadian Olympic & Para-Swimming Trials, Van Moerkerke finished in 4th place in the 100-m freestyle, which earned him an Olympic berth on the 4×100-m freestyle relay with Santo Condorelli, Yuri Kisil and Markus Thormeyer.
- At the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games, Van Moerkerke was focusing on his 4×100-m freestyle relay, swimming the third leg of the silver medal winning race alongside teammates Santo Condorelli, Karl Krug and Yuri Kisil.
- At the 2015 FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia, Van Moerkerke once again swam the 4×100-m freestyle relay. He, Santo Condorelli, Yuri Kisil and Karl Krug finished eighth.
- The 6’9’’ national team rookie made the cut for both the Pan American Games and FINA World Championships teams finishing fourth in the 100-m freestyle at the Team Canada Trials.
- At the Trials he was the 12th Canadian to break the 50-second barrier in the 100-metre freestyle after posting a personal best time of 49.94.
- He also won a silver medal in the 100-m freestyle at the CIS Championships.
- He was a member of the Canadian junior national team and competed at the Junior Pan Pacific Championships in 2010 and the FINA World Junior Championships in 2011.
- At the world juniors he swam the preliminary heat of the 4×100-m freestyle that won silver.
- Van Moerkerke is majoring in crop, horticulture and turfgrass sciences at the University of Guelph.
- He plans to continue to work on the family farm in Tillsonburg, Ont
- His older brother Luke Van Moerkerke played in the OHL with the London Knights and Brampton Battalion.
- Favourite Movie: Fast and Furious
- Favourite TV Show: Fast N Loud
- Music behind the Blocks: Country
- Favourite Restaurant: Montana’s
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.