|Budapest 2017 FINA World Championships||—||—||2|
|Rio 2016 Olympic Games||—||—||—|
- At the 2017 FINA World Championships in Budapest, Acevedo took home two bronze medals in the mixed 4×100-m freestyle and in the mixed 4×100-m freestyle relay as he swam in the preliminaries. He finished 14th in the 100-m backstroke and 16th in the 50 back and he was a member of the 8th place men’s 4×100-m freestyle relay team.
- At the 2018 Pan Pacific Championships in Tokyo, Acevedo finished fifth in the 100-m backstroke, and seventh in the 200-m backstroke in a personal best time. Acevedo was a member of the 4×100-m freestyle relay that finished fourth, and a part of the 4×200-m freestyle and 4×100-m medley relay that finished fifth.
- Acevedo won gold in the 50-m backstroke and bronze in the 200-m backstroke at the 2019 Canadian Swimming Trials to qualify for the 2019 Pan American Games.
- At the 2018 Canadian Swimming Trials, Acevedo won gold in the 200-m individual medley, silver in the 100-m backstroke and bronze in the 200-m freestyle. He swam personal bests in the 200-m individual medley, 100 and 200-m freestyle.
- At the 2017 Canadian Swimming Trials, Acevedo made the podium in all three backstroke events. He earned a gold medal in the 100-m backstroke, a silver in the 50-m backstroke and a bronze in the 200-m backstroke. Acevedo swam a personal best time in the 100-m backstroke with a time of 53.64.
- At the 13th FINA World Swimming Championships (25-m) in Windsor, Ont. Acevedo competed in seven different events. Individually, he finished 19th in the 50-m backstroke and 13th in the 100-m backstroke, both setting new personal best times.
- At the same competition, Acevedo was a member of five different relays including the 4×100-m freestyle (7th), 4×50-m freestyle (10th), 4×200-m freestyle (12th), 4×50-m mixed medley (5th), and 4×100-m medley relay (10th).
- In 2017, Acevedo won Swimming Canada’s Co-Male Swimmer of the Year.
- At the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Acevedo finished 17th in the 100-m backstroke with a time of 54.11. He also swam the backstroke leg of the men’s 4×100-m medley relay that finished 16th.
- At the 2016 Canadian Olympic & Para-Swimming Trials, Acevedo made his first Olympic team by winning the gold medal in the 100-m backstroke, in which he established a new junior world record. He also finished with a bronze medal in the 200-m backstroke.
- Acevedo became the youngest male swimmer on the 2016 Olympic team at age 18, and the first ever Olympian to hail from the Markham Aquatic Club.
- At the 2015 FINA World Junior Championships, Acevedo individually collected a silver medal in the 50-m backstroke, a 4th-place finish in the 200-m IM and an 8th-place finish in the 100-m backstroke.
- At the same competition, he was a member of four relays, including the mixed 4×100-m freestyle (1st), 4×200-m freestyle (5th), 4×100-m freestyle (6th), and 4×100-m medley (6th). The mixed free relay established a world junior record.
- At the 2015 Canadian Swimming Trials, Acevedo earned a bronze medal in the 100-m freestyle.
- Acevedo was named Swimming Canada’s Junior Male Swimmer of the Year in 2015.
- At the 2014 Youth Olympic Games, Acevedo finished in 8th place in the 100-m freestyle, 9th in the 200-m freestyle and 12th in the 50-m freestyle.
- At the 2014 Australian Age Group Championships, Acevedo won his first-ever international medals, with a gold in the 100-m freestyle, a silver in the 50-m freestyle, and a bronze in the 100-m backstroke in the sixteen-year-old age category.
- Acevedo graduated from Neil McNeil High School in 2016, and committed to the University of Georgia.
- Acevedo’s dream to compete in the Olympics was inspired by Mark Tewksbury’s 100-m backstroke gold medal performance at the Barcelona 1992 Olympics.
- His mother, Catherine, has inspired him throughout his athletic career.
- Nickname: Javi
- Instagram: @Javier_acevedo1
- Movie: Happy Gilmore
- Book: Harry Potter
- Magazine: Sports Illustrated
- Actor: Ryan Reynolds
- Band: Alt-J
- Other Sport: Equestrian
- Pre-race Meal: Chili
- Superhero: Flash
- Quote: “The only easy day was yesterday.”
- Off- Season Interests: Go to the beach and spend time with friends
- Role Model: My mother has inspired me to become a better athlete
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.