- At the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games, Krug swam the second leg of the 4×100-m freestyle, winning silver with teammates Santo Condorelli, Evan Van Moerkerke and Yuri Kisil.
- Individually, he finished 11th in the 50-m freestyle while competing in Toronto.
- At the 2015 FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia, Krug placed 33rd in the 50-m freestyle while contributing to an eighth-place finish in the 4×100-m freestyle.
- In Kazan, Krug was a part of the inaugural 4×100-m mixed relay during the morning swim, which later on earned a bronze medal and set a new Canadian record.
- He earned berths for the Pan Am Games and FINA World Championships with his victory in the men’s 50-m freestyle at the Team Canada Trials just six weeks after gaining Canadian citizenship.
- Krug’s father (Karl Krug III) was born in Calgary, then adopted and raised in California, where Karl IV was born and enjoyed a solid career in the U.S. before making the decision to vie for a berth on the Canadian squad.
- One of the most recruited high school swimmers in 2008.
- Was a nine-time All-American and helped Auburn University to four SEC championships and the 2009 NCAA national title.
- He competed despite a back injury at the U.S. Olympic trials in 2012 and reached the semifinals in the 50 free.
- He graduated in political science and sociology in 2012.
- Won 50-m freestyle gold medal at 2013 US Open.
- Nickname is “Krug Smash” for the way he channels favourite superhero The Incredible Hulk.
- Biggest influence is three-time U.S. Olympian and 10- time Olympic medallist Gary Hall Jr.
- Favourite quote: There is no luck in life. Only preparation meeting opportunity.
- Twitter: @TheeKarlKrug
- Instagram: @karlbkrug4
- Favourite Movie: Gladiator
- Favourite Magazine: Outdoor Lifestyle
- Favourite Book: Lord of the Rings
- Favourite TV Show: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
- Favourite Band: AC/DC
- Pre-race Meal: Pasta
- Other Sport: Basketball
- Favourite Superhero: The Hulk
- Favourite Place to visit: Europe
- Guilty Pleasure: Ice Cream
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.
Nothing to display