- At the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games, Maitland earned himself a fifth-place finish in the 1,500-m freestyle event.
- He landed a spot on the squad for the Pan American Games thanks to a victory in the 800-m freestyle and a second-place finish in the 1,500-m freestyle behind Ryan Cochrane.
- It was at the 2007 Pan Ams that he produced his biggest international performance with bronze in the 1,500.
- In 2014 he won the 1,500-m freestyle at the Canadian Swimming Championships and helped Edmonton Keyano to top spot in the team standings.
- Finished eighth in the 1,500 at the 2011 Universiade in Shenzhen, China.
- Also represented Canada at the 2006 Pan Pacific Championships in Victoria and the 2010 Pan Pacs in Irvine, Calif.
- Graduate of the University of Nevada Las Vegas, where he studied business. He was captain of the men’s swim team as a sophomore, held four Mountain West Conference records, was an All-American and two-time MWC Swimmer of the Year.
- Favourite quote: Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. – Friedrich Nietzsche
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.