|Gwangju 2019 FINA World Championships||1||—||2||4|
- At the 2019 FINA World Championships in Gwangju, Korea, Maggie Mac Neil won gold in the 100-m butterfly and set a Canadian and Americas record at her first world championships.
- At the same competition, Mac Neil was a member of the women’s 4×100-m freestyle and 4×100-m medley relays that captured bronze medals and broke the Canadian records. She was also a part of the mixed 4×100-m medley that finished fifth.
- At the 2021 NCAA Swimming Championships, Mac Neil won and set a NCAA record in the 100-yard butterfly, becoming the first woman in history to go under 49 seconds in that event. Mac Neil also won the 100-yard freestyle becoming the third-fastest performer in history.
- At the same event, Mac Neil led off the 400-yard medley relay for the University of Michigan in 49.76, and became the second woman in history to break 50 seconds in both the 100-yard butterfly and 100-yard backstroke. Based on her performance, Mac Neil was awarded the Collegiate Swimming and Diving Coaches Association of America Division I Swimmer of the Year as well as the Big Ten Conference Women’s Swimmer of the Year.
- Margaret Mac Neil was provisionally nominated for the 2020 Olympic Games based on her performance in 2019 and solidified her spot by winning gold in the 100-m butterfly at the 2020 Olympic Trials.
- At the 2019 Canadian Swimming Trials, Mac Neil won gold in the 100-m butterfly in a personal best time and finished fourth in the 100-m freestyle. Her performance earned her a spot on the 2019 FINA World Championships, her first senior national team.
- Mac Neil was awarded the 2019 Big Ten Freshman of the Year and All-Big Ten first team selection. She was also a seven-time All-American and four-time Big Ten champion, and set new school records at the University of Michigan in the 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard backstroke and 100-yard butterfly.
- Mac Neil won Swimming Canada’s Breakout Swimmer of the Year in 2019.
- At the 2018 Junior Pan Pacific Championships, Mac Neil won gold and set a Junior Pan Pacific Championships record in the 100-m butterfly. She was also a member of the women’s and mixed 4×100 medley that earned silver and a part of the women 4×100-m freestyle that captured bronze.
- At the 2018 Canadian Swimming Trials, Mac Neil finished second in the 100-m butterfly in a personal best time.
- At the 2018 Canadian Swimming Championships, Mac Neil won gold in the 100-m butterfly and silver in the 100-m backstroke, both were personal best times.
- At the 2017 FINA World Cup stop in Singapore, Mac Neil finished seventh in the 100-m backstroke and the mixed 4×50-m freestyle. In Tokyo, Mac Neil was a member of the mixed 4x50m freestyle that finished seventh.
- At the 2016 Junior Pan Pacific Championships, Mac Neil finished fifth in the 100-m butterfly.
- At the 2016 Canadian Swimming Championships, Mac Neil won gold in the 100-m and 200-m butterfly and captured silver in the 50-m butterfly.
- In 2015, Mac Neil was selected for the World Junior Championships in Singapore. Mac Neil finished 20th in the 100-m butterfly, 23rd in the 200-m butterfly and 25th in the 50-m butterfly.
- At the 2015 Australian Age Group Championships, Mac Neil captured silver in the 100-m butterfly.
- Mac Neil is also musically talented, she started playing the violin at the age 5 and the clarinet at the age of 12.
- Nickname: Maggie, Mags, Maggers
- Twitter: @mags_swims26
- Instagram: @macnmagg
- Favourite Movie: Erin Brockovich
- Favourite Book: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Favourite TV Show: Grey’s Anatomy
- Favourite Actor/Actress: Sandra Bullock
- Other Sport: Volleyball
- Favourite place to visit: London, England
- Pre-race meal: Pasta
- Guilty Pleasure: Ice Cream
- Special Talent: Memorized the whole periodic table and the first 100 digits of Pi
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.