- At the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, Weinberger finished the Marathon 10km swim in 17th place with a time of 1:53.16.40.
- At the 2017 FINA World Championships in Budapest, Weinberger finished 23rd in the men’s 10-km open water race. He was also a member of the mixed 5-km open water that finished 11th.
- Weinberger was awarded Swimming Canada’s Open Water Swimmer of the Year from 2010-2013 and 2015-2017.
- At the Lac St-Jean stop of the FINA/HOSA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup 2016, Weinberger finished just behind teammate Eric Hedlin finishing 5th.
- During the Balatonfured stop of the FINA/HOSA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup 2016, Weinberger finished with a bronze medal with a time of 1:50:27.17.
- During the Chun’An stop of the 2015 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup, Weinberger raced to a silver medal with a time of 1:53:08.00
- At the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games, Weinberger finished fourth in the 10km open water race.
- At the 2015 FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia, Weinberger finished eighth place to earn the right to be nominated to Team Canada for the Rio 2016 Olympics.
- Weinberger was the top Canadian in the 2015 World Cup race in Cozumel, taking 14th spot in the men’s 10-kilometre to earn his spot on the Pan American Games and FINA World Championships teams.
- Richard Weinberger made Canadians proud when he won a bronze medal in the 10-kilometre marathon at the 2012 Olympics in London.
- FINA named him one of its top five open water swimmers of 2012, but he was already making a name for himself on the international open-water swimming scene well before gaining widespread fame.
- Weinberger won the 2011 Olympic test event at Hyde Park, and also captured gold at the Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- During the World Cup season, he collected a silver in Argentina, and bronze in Brazil.
- He qualified for the Olympic team by placing second in the 10-km marathon qualifier in Portugal. He climbed from 49th to 23rd to 15th to eighth to fifth before charging past all but one opponent on the sixth and final lap.
- Weinberger finished the 2010 season winning bronze in the 10-km at the Pan Pacific Championships in Irvine.
- The year started with a remarkable 21st-place finish at the World Cup in Santos, Brazil.
- That race particularly stands out because Weinberger was afflicted with a serious case of food poisoning on the morning of the race.
- Weinberger calls 2012 Olympic silver medallist Thomas Lurz of Germany his biggest inspiration.
- In 2009, the season highlight for Weinberger was a double gold performance at the Canada Games on Prince Edward Island. Weinberger showed his versatility taking the 800-m freestyle in the pool and the 10-km open water race on the Southwest River in Clinton, P.E.I.
- Instagram: @raweinberger
- Twitter: @raweinberger
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RAWeinberger
- Favourite movie: Shawshank Redemption
- Favourite magazines: The Economist, National Geographic
- Favourite book: The Outsiders
- Favourite TV show: Game of Thrones
- Favourite actor: Edward Norton
- Favourite band: Above and Beyond
- Favourite restaurant: Boston Pizza
- Pre-race meal: Pasta
- Other sports: Downhill skiing, waterskiing, golf
- Favourite superhero: The Hulk
- Favourite place to visit: Newfoundland
- Guilty pleasure: McDonald’s
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.
Nothing to display