Senior National Team
- Age 16
- Height 173 cm / 5 ft 8 in
- Club High Performance Centre - Ontario
- Coach Brent Arckey
- Previous Coaches Ben Titley, Kevin Thorburn, Ryan Mallette
- Hometown Toronto, ON
- Residence Toronto, ON
National Team Highlights
|Budapest 2022 FINA World Championships||2||1||1||4|
|Abu Dhabi 2021 FINA World Championships (25m)||1||2||—||2|
|Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games||—||—||—||2|
McIntosh brought home 6 medals (2 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze) from the 2022 Commonwealth Games. She broke the World Junior Record in the 200-m individual medley and in the 400-m individual medley and broke the Canadian record in the 400-m freestyle. Her 400 IM time was also a Commonwealth record and Americas record.
- McIntosh broke the world junior record in the three individual events she swam at the 2022 FINA World Championships in Budapest. She won gold in the 200-m butterfly, breaking the world junior record in her semifinal as well as in the final, won gold in the 400-m individual medley and captured silver in the 400-m freestyle. McIntosh was also part of the women’s 4×200-m freestyle relay team that earned bronze. She lowered the world junior 200-m freestyle record in the first leg of the relay.
- At the 2021 FINA World Championships (25m), McIntosh was a member of the 4×200-m freestyle that won gold and broke the Canadian and Americas record. McIntosh also swam in the preliminaries for the women’s 4×100-m medley that went on to capture silver. Individually, McIntosh captured silver in the 400-m freestyle, and broke the Canadian record in the 800-m freestyle preliminaries.
- At the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Summer McIntosh made her Olympic debut by breaking the Canadian record in the 400-m freestyle preliminaries. She advanced to the final where she finished in fourth place and lowered the record again. McIntosh also finished ninth in the 200-m freestyle and placed 11th in the 800-m freestyle while setting a national age group record.
- At the same event, McIntosh was a part of the 4×200-m freestyle team that broke the Canadian record and finished fourth. McIntosh also lowered the Canadian age group record in the first leg of the 4×200-m freestyle.
- McIntosh broke the Canadian record in the 400-m freestyle at the 2022 Bell Canadian Swimming Trials. McIntosh went on to win gold in the 200-m freestyle, the 200-m butterfly, and the 400-m individual medley. Her performances qualified her for the 2022 FINA World Championships and the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- At the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Trials, McIntosh won gold in the 200-m & the 800-m freestyle. Her performance at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Trials qualified McIntosh for her first Olympic Games at the age of 14.
- McIntosh also swam an Olympic A qualifying time in the 400-m freestyle at the Swim Ontario Take 5 High Performance event a few weeks before the Trials.
- McIntosh won Swimming Canada’s Breakout Performer of the Year and the Junior Female Swimmer of the Year awards in 2021
- At the 2019 Canadian Swimming Championships, McIntosh captured silver in the 400-m freestyle and bronze in the 400-m individual medley and 800-m freestyle.
- At the 2019 Canadian Swimming Trials, McIntosh finished fifth in the 200-m butterfly, seventh in the 800-m freestyle and ninth in the 400-m individual medley.
- Instagram: @summerrmcintosh
- Nickname: Sum
- Favourite Movie: Titanic
- Favourite TV Show: Drive to Survive
- Favourite Place to Visit: Bora Bora
- Guilty Pleasure: Cleaning and organizing my room
Summer’s Personal Bests
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.