- Age 37
- Height 162.56 cm / 5 ft 4 in
- Club Natation Para-Performance
- Coach Claude Picard
- Hometown Longueuil, QC
- Residence Longueuil, QC
- Event 50 FR, 100 FR, 200 FR, 50 BK, 50 FL, 200 IM
- Swam seven events at the 2015 Toronto Parapan Am Games, where she won bronze in the 4×50-m 20-point freestyle relay.
- At the 2015 Speedo Can Am Para-swimming Championships she was second in the 100-m breaststroke plus recorded third-place finishes in the 50-m and 100-m freestyle.
- Made her Paralympic Games debut in impressive style posting personal best times in the 100-m breaststroke and the 200-m freestyle in London in 2012. She placed 11th and 13th overall in those races.
- At the 2013 IPC World Championships in Montreal, Drapeau broke her own national record twice in the 100-m breaststroke, finishing in sixth spot.
- She made her first big international impact at the 2011 Pan Pacific Para-swimming Championships in Edmonton. Drapeau won the silver medal in the 100-m breaststroke and was also fourth in the 50-m backstroke seventh in the 200-m freestyle and ninth in the 100 freestyle.
- Her impairment is ataxia, a neurological disease which affects the nervous system and causes difficulties in the coordination of voluntary movements.
- Favorite magazine: 7 Jours
- Favorite TV Show: Star Académie
- Favorite movie: De père en flic
- Favorite band: Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite restaurant: Tim Horton’s
- Pre-race meal: Pasta
- Other sports: Cycling
- Superhero: Grandfather
- Place to visit: Mont-Tremblant
Valérie’s Personal Bests
Not all features are currently implemented. Visit the old rankings system to access missing features.