About the Institut National du Sport
With its cutting-edge design, facilities and equipment, and the access to professional, technical and technological resources it offers, the Institut national du sport du Québec complex at the Olympic Park truly provides an environment for optimal performance to enable high-performance athletes and coaches to compete on a level playing field with the world’s best.
As a permanent headquarters for nine resident sports (boccia, fencing, gymnastics, judo, swimming, synchronized swimming, diving, water polo and short-track speed skating) and a meeting place for numerous training groups, the INS Québec complex built within the Olympic Park Sports Centre has over 150,000 square feet of floor area, 92% of which is used to practice sport or for purposes directly related to serving the needs of high-performance athletes and coaches.
The Olympic Park is the perfect setting for INS Québec to take root and grow—already a powerful draw for many disciplines, such as short-track speedskating at Maurice-Richard Arena and aquatic sports at the Olympic Park Sports Centre, this site is also a powerful symbol: in 1976, the world was watching as great athletic feats were achieved here, which still resonate today. This is where the Canadian Olympic movement really took off.
Parc Olympic: Le Center Sportif Aquatics Area
– Competition Pool: 10 Lane 50m pool (interchangeable to 25m)
– Training Pool: 10 Lane 50m pool (interchangeable to 25m)
– Diving Tank: 25m x 21m
– 3m, 5m, 7.5m and 10m platforms,
– 0.5, 1 and 1.5-metre diving boards
– 3m Deep pool for Artistic swimming and waterpolo
– Swim warm-up/training area
– Dive dryland training area
– Club offices
Also Available Onsite
– High performance change rooms
– High performance storage areas
– Teaching/fitness studios
– Weight and conditioning centre
– Meeting rooms
– INS Sport Science & Sport Medicine facilities