who coaches the coaches?
NCCP Coach Developers do!
Coach Developers are trained to develop, support, and challenge coaches to hone and improve their knowledge and skills in order to provide positive and effective sport experiences for all participants. In short, Coach Developers need to be experts in learning, as well as experts in coaching.
NCCP Coach Developers include :
- Learning Facilitators (LFs),
- Coach Evaluators (CEs), and
- Master Coach Developers (MCDs).
Coach Developer candidates must complete rigorous training, and this training is now being made consistent across Canada. The following training is required by all Coach Developers.
- Core Training: Provides NCCP Coach Developers with the skills to perform their role. See the calendar of upcoming training opportunities.
- Content-specific Training: This includes relevant sport or multi-sport training, as well as micro-facilitation and/or micro-evaluation for an opportunity to practice delivery with peers.
- Co-delivery: New NCCP Coach Developers can practice with real coaches alongside an experienced Coach Developer.
NCCP Coach Developers are considered “trained” when they’ve completed the first three steps of the pathway.
Once NCCP Coach Developers are evaluated as having the abilities necessary for their role, they are considered “certified.”
Do you want to become a Coach Developer?
Browse through the pages below for more information on each specific role.
Learning Facilitator (LF)
Coach Evaluator (CE)
Master Coach Developer (MCD)