Swimming Canada has a developed an online Swim-a-Thon platform that allows swimmers to request donations through email or social media, makes it simple for donations to be paid by credit card from anywhere in the world and increases the ability to thank donors and provide charitable receipts (to those eligible).
Take your club to the next level in fundraising! Contact your Provincial Section today to register your club for the 2017 Swim-a-Thon season.
2017 Grand Prizes
As part of the online Swim-a-Thon donation program, Swimming Canada is pleased to announce three exciting prizes that will recognize top fundraisers from across Canada.
Top Individual Fundraisers
The individual swimmer who raises the most money will win a $3,500 travel credit to take his or her family on a fabulous vacation anywhere they choose. This can be spent on airfares, hotel nights on one trip or three!
- 2nd Highest Individual Fundraiser: $1,000 travel credit & 50,000 IHG Rewards Club Points
- 3rd Highest Individual Fundraiser: Speedo prize pack valued at $500
- 4th Highest Individual Fundraiser: Chicken Farmers of Canada prize pack
- 5th thru 14th Highest Individual Fundraiser: Autographed T-shirt & water bottle courtesy of Fuelling Women Champions
- 15th thru 24th Highest Individual Fundraiser: Team Aquatic Supplies water bottle and Swimming Canada T-shirt
In order to qualify please note:
- A multi-swimmer family that registers each swimmer with their own individual donor page will be automatically eligible to win the grand prize.
- A family that has a single donor page for multiple swimmers in that family can be included, but based on the average amount raised by each registered swimmer in the family. (i.e. Your family total will be divided by the number of registered competitive swimmers in the family.)
- In a case of a tie between two individuals with the same amount raised, a draw will determine the winner. Only one grand prize will be awarded.
Top Fundraising Club – overall AND
Top Fundraising Club – per registered competitive swimmer
The swim club that raises the most money overall and the swim club that raises the most money per registered competitive swimmer will also win great prizes.
Each of these winning clubs will receive a club visit from a member of our National Team.
- Additional prizes may be announced throughout the season.
- All Swim-a-Thon campaigns must be closed no later than May 31st, 2017.
- Only funds generated through the official online donation platform is considered in these calculations.
- In a case of a tie (between two clubs with the same amount raised overall and/or per registered competitive swimmer) a draw will determine the winner. Only one grand prize will be distributed to each of the top fundraising swim club overall and the top fundraising swim club per registered competitive swimmer.
Swim-a-Thon is a registered trademark of Swimming Canada.
The Swim-a-Thon Program supports local swimming programs in communities across Canada. Swimming Canada commits 90% of the funds raised to promote and finance swimming programs of ALL levels in the local community of the participant. This 90% commitment places Swimming Canada in the top 5% of all charitable organizations.
Swim-a-Thon is a fun and easy way to raise money for swim clubs in which participants earn donations by swimming up to a maximum of 200 lengths of the pool or for 2 hours. In order to host a Swim-a-Thon, swim clubs and swimmers must be members of Swimming Canada and their affiliated Provincial Section and comply with Swimming Canada, Provincial Section, and Canada Revenue Agency rules and guidelines.